Thursday, November 22, 2007

Letter from Fr. Michael, February 2005


This letter was sent to Jane Lichtenberg:

Father Link has this for a thought for Wednesday of Week Two of Lent:
"A world statesman was an honored guest at the coronation of King Edward III in 1901 in U.K. When he returned home he was asked what sight impressed him most. He surprised his questioner, answering, "I was returning to my hotel one night when I saw a boy huddled in a doorway with his tiny sister. It was cold and the boy had taken off his coat and wrapped it around her to keep her warm. This sight was more impressive than even the coronation itself."

All building and repairing has stopped due to lack of supplies. Nothing has come and no news when it will. Nevertheless I am sitting OK as I have enough repaired classrooms for the start of the school year in April, and I'll repair the remaining four when material comes.
I have finished by two workshops, one for catechists and another for teachers, and both went quite well. Now I am visiting chapels to get ready for the Parish Revival from March 1 to the 15. I made an appeal to Bishop Mazzolani and he found Father Colombo to come and preach it to celebrate the Year of the Eucharist.
We need to encourage Christian marriages and family and a greater love and devotion to the Eucharist. Pray for us and wish us well. After the 15th I'll be out for Holy Week and all the way up to the 2nd of April to start the school year.
Due to the little rainfall of 2004 I think there will be a lot of hunger in this year in all this area.
World Food Programme and the church and NGOs, I am sure, shall raise the alarm and do something. We shall see a lot of little boys giving some of their little food to their sisters.
Happy Easter to you,
Michael

No comments: